Thanks to Dyson & ShopStyle for partnering on this publish.
We’re religious customers of Dyson merchandise from their vacuums to humidifiers, so I used to be very interested by their a lot talked-about hair instruments (Airwrap styler, Corrale straightener and Supersonic hair dryer)! After attempting out the Airwap a number of months in the past, I’ve to say I used to be impressed and even ended up shopping for one as a present for a particular recipient. It makes use of revolutionary air movement expertise as an alternative of maximum warmth to create various hairstyles with the totally different attachments included. See my IG video beneath for a way I take advantage of mine, and in case you have lengthy hair, I shared a tip within the part beneath concerning the attachments!
Like different Dyson merchandise, the Airwrap is an funding buy. For many who usually type their hair or go to the salon, I personally love the outcomes I get with it at dwelling. On my hair, it really works very properly for both a easy and gentle straight type, or bouncy, springy curls that loosen into voluminous waves over the course of per week. There is a studying curve and I do assume follow makes good (whereas watching their video tutorials) for getting probably the most out of it!
Dyson Airwrap Options
Decrease danger of warmth injury
A serious distinction between this and conventional sizzling hair instruments is that the Airwrap dries and types with out excessive warmth. The motor sensors constantly measure and management the temperature to stop warmth injury and doesn’t exceed 302 levels Fahrenheit on the highest setting. For comparability, when utilizing a conventional curling iron on my hair sort I often have to do 375-400 levels.
Curls utilizing circulating air
A standard false impression is that the Airwrap barrels spin to wrap your hair, but it surely really curls utilizing the Coanda impact. In less complicated phrases, it propels air in a round sample across the wand at a speedy pace, which attracts every part of hair with a magnetic-like draw with out tangling it. This expertise was actually revolutionary to me and leads to bouncy, springy curls you could brush out along with your fingers or comb into gentle, unfastened waves.
Units with cool air in a single movement
A key characteristic for me. In my earlier hair curling tutorial utilizing an everyday curling iron, I discussed manually holding (or clipping up) every part of curled hair within the palm of my hand to let it cool and “set” earlier than releasing it, to be able to lock in longer-lasting curls. This half has at all times been very time-consuming for me and is made a lot sooner by the cool air characteristic on the Airwrap.
I maintain the Airwrap wand with my finger proper on the management panel – the highest setting is cool, the center is warmth, and the underside is off. As I’m curling every part of my hair, my finger slides from Warmth for ~ 5 seconds, to Cool for ~5 seconds (to set the curl), after which to Off to be able to launch the curl with no frizziness.
Dries whereas styling
A few of the brush head attachments (just like the smoothing brushes) can be utilized straight away on damp hair to dry whereas styling, which helps seal in and delay the type. The curling head attachments, nevertheless, are meant to be used on virtually dry hair for the perfect outcomes. You don’t have to attend round for precisely the appropriate dryness – should you’re contemporary out of the bathe, you should utilize the included dryer head to begin partially drying your hair. In case your hair is already totally dry, I take advantage of a sprig bottle to mist and comb in some water.
Airwrap Full Styling Attachments
Beneath are all of the styling attachments that come included with the Dyson Airwrap Full. One distinctive possibility supplied on their web site is to create a Custom-made Airwrap Styler set based mostly in your hair sort, hair size, and some different fast questions. In case you have lengthy hair, I’d extremely advocate doing the Custom-made possibility since that may embody the longer Airwrap barrels as an alternative of the usual size barrels with none extra value!
- Pre-styling dryer head: for partially drying your hair earlier than styling with one of many different heads. I’ve additionally been utilizing this on Nori to dry her high-quality hair with out risking a lot warmth injury (additionally for the reason that loud noise of an everyday dryer scares her!).
- 1.6 inch Airwrap™ barrels: for looser curls or waves, that is the attachment I take advantage of probably the most for my hair sort and styling wants. For lengthy hair, I realized concerning the time-saving longer barrel attachments (bought individually, or will be included with the Custom-made set) due to a number of of you!
- 1.2 inch Airwrap™ barrels: for smaller curls or waves. My mother has shoulder size hair and favored this attachment the perfect.
- Agency smoothing brush & gentle smoothing brush: The gentle smoothing brush is for finer hair whereas the agency smoothing brush is advisable for coarser hair. I discovered each of those to work very equally on my hair for a easy and straight blowout. Notice, to realize unfastened waves on naturally curly or coarser hair, I watched a number of tutorials, and the bottom line is to make use of the smoothing brush attachment first and get your hair virtually dry, earlier than curling with one of many Airwrap barrels!
- Spherical volumizing brush: I’ve but to experiment extra with this attachment but, however to date have simply been utilizing it to twist beneath the ends of my hair.
Utilizing the gentle smoothing brush for a straight blowout. Beneath: the included storage case.
Attaching the 1.6″ Airwrap barrel. Beneath: drying hair first utilizing the pre-styling dryer.
For many who have the Dyson Airwrap, let me know the way you prefer it and which styling attachments you utilize probably the most!